Torres Ranch Ladies Golf Association was formed and has operated for over 18 years. We have two league days, Monday and Wednesday. We strive to be a golf league where ladies of all skill levels can enjoy the “Game of Golf” in a fun environment and make new friends. TRLGA offers individual and team play days as well as: League Championship, Match Play, No Frills Tournament, Solheim Cup and much more. We would love to have you give us a try and come join the fun.
Two Great Courses! - Two Great League Days!
Bonny Forkner, President
!!! SPECIAL NOTICES !!!
Please don't forget to renew your GHIN for 2021!
NOVEMBER TEE TIMES; 8:30am (See new signup procedures below.)
DECEMBER TEE TIMES: 9:30am
Nominations for 2021-2022 TRLGA Board:
President: Velma Whittier
Vice President: Cindy Nelson
Secretary: Mary Miller
Treasurer: Dana Barnes
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULE REGARDING SAND TRAPS:
Until sand traps are maintained and rakes are provided, a player may determine her ball is unplayable where it comes to rest in a sand trap. The player may then take relief by lifting and cleaning the ball, smoothing the sand, and replacing the ball at the nearest point of relief in the sand trap, if possible, no closer to the hole, but in any event in the bunker even if closer to the hole. If the player determines the entire sand trap is unplayable, she may take free relief by dropping the ball behind the sand trap no closer to the hole.
League policies in regard to COVID-19:
1. For everyone's safety, PLEASE stay home if you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, such as chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or if you have had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
2. QUARANTINING: Currently, neither the CDC nor the state of Arizona requires people to quarantine. However, the League strongly recommends any member returning from out-of-state quarantines or has a COVID-19 test. If you Google COVID-19 testing in Tucson, you will find a number of different locations where testing is done.
3. CARTS: Dale Hardy has informed the League that after over-seeding players will NOT be given individual carts (unless there is an odd number of players).
4. MASKS: Masks must be worn in the clubhouse. Masks must be worn prior to going out to your starting holes and when sharing a cart. However, if you and your partner AGREE to be MASKLESS while sitting and driving in the cart, that is your choice! If one cart partner will not wear a mask and the other league member doesn't agree with that decision, the unmasked individual will not be allowed to play golf on that particular day. Fairway play and putting does not necessarily warrant wearing a mask as social distancing is possible. Please remember when not wearing a mask to keep social distance (at least 6' of separation) a priority.
5. OTHER REMINDERS: Please do not touch anyone else's equipment (clubs, markers, balls, etc.). Flagpoles should not be touched. There will be no water provided on the golf course but there will be a beverage person.
2020 Match Play, League Championship, and Chili Pepper Classic Tournaments cancelled.
Please review Standing Rules (Articles II, III, IV, VII, VIII) for changes affecting how to post maximum scores resulting from the new World Handicap Rule Changes, TRLGA maximum allowed handicap, changes regarding guest play, and the Chili Pepper/Cancer Tournament change.
TRLGA Play Day Schedule
Canoa Ranch - Mondays Torres Blancas - Wednesdays
JAN 9:30 am JAN 9:30 am
FEB 9:30 am FEB 9:30 am
MAR 9:30 am MAR 9:30 am
APR 8:30 am APR 8:30 am
MAY 8:30 am MAY 8:30 am
JUN 7:30 am JUN 7:30 am
JUL 7:30 am JUL 7:30 am
AUG 7:30 am AUG 7:30 am
SEP 7:30 am SEP 7:30 am
OCT 8:30 am OCT 8:30 am
NOV 8:30 am NOV 8:30 am
DEC 9:30 am DEC 9:30 am
To sign up for play day at Canoa Ranch:
On Monday, the day of play, an email invite from Golf Genius will be sent inviting members to sign up for
the following Monday. If you plan to play, respond by clicking 'Playing' before noon on Friday. If you do not plan to play, click 'Not Playing' or simply ignore the email. A courtesy email will be sent the following Thursday listing the golfers who are signed up to play the following Monday. If you wish to be added or removed from Monday's game, please respond to the Golf Genius email before noon on Friday. Golfers will be emailed the Monday pairings Saturday afternnoon. If you need to cancel or want to be added after Saturday afternoon, please contact the person listed on the email. DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP.
To sign up for play day at Torres Blancas:
On Wednesday, the day of play, an email invite from Golf Genius will be sent inviting members to sign up for the following Wednesday. If yo plan to play, respond by clicking 'Playing' before noon on Sunday. If you do not plan to play, click 'Not Playing' or simply ignore the email. A courtesy email will be sent the following
Saturday listing the golfers who are signed up to play the following Wednesday. If you wish to be added or removed from Wednesday's game, please respond to the Golf Genius email before noon on Sunday. Golfers will be emailed the Wednesday pairings Monday afternoon. If you need to cancel or want to be added after Monday afternoon, please contact the person listed on the email. DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP.
Remember to sign up for Hole-in-One Insurance. See Judy Ellyson.
For frost delay, call (520) 352-1082.
To obtain a 2021 GHIN HDCP:
2. Click Join/Renew top of the page
3. A page pops up. Click on Renew Your Existing Membership.
4. Click on the $35.00 membership category.